Here's the final wrap up!
it was hard struggle but it really put me on the right road to eating healthy and be AWARE of what I eat.
I am sure I have lost a pant size and and on the scale I've lost a solid 5lbs. Not water weight to! because I haven't fluctuated back =D
While I was on this cleanse. I was certain I would not feel that lifted clean feeling. Lo and behold!
it's like a whole new sense of self. It's that youthful sense of self when I was 12 (when I didn't eat that much junk food) I felt less sluggish too.
I'm really looking forward to do another cleanse in 3 months!
I have unfortunately slipped back to some of my bad habits. I want to cement the good choices I had to make.
Here is a collection of my tips recipes and where to eats while on the detox.
things to beware of as in do not eat
- fermented foods are not permitted such as vinegar, soy sauce, black tea
- couscous is not a grain but pasta
- thick sauces indicate they use flour to thicken the sauce. (flour is not permitted)
- mushrooms have candida yeast (yeast is not permitted)
Snacks always have on hand
- quinoa salad from whole foods (add a little meat and veggies etc)
- quinoa salad from granville island at the store near the door
- brown rice cakes (add a bit of almond butter)
- organic unsweetened apple sauce
Baked?Roasted cherry tomatoes
- drizzle olive oil and bake on a pan till plump
- sprinkle basil
- let cool and enjoy the mouth busting awesome-ness
Carrot Apple Kale smoothie
5?6? thin sticks of organic carrot
half gala apple
1 stalk of kale
bit of water
Places to eat/snack/buy
- vegetarian, vegan, gluten free options
- affordable lunch menus
Organic Acres Market
- quinoa and brown rice flour
- organic butter (hefty price)
3603 Main st Vancouver BC Canada
1155 Pacific Blvd. Vancouver, BC, Canada
-quinoa and brown rice and vegetarian options
2301 Main St Vancouver
604 708 0881
You are clean after this detox, and when you re enter back into the world. Some things won't taste the same anymore.You can push through the "sick cling filmed feeling" and continue eating junk and revert back to your old self. Or you can take heed the bad feeling your body is giving you and eat what you should be eating for your body (and please cheat every so often)